You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
Economic Justice Action Team
The Economic Justice Action Team seeks to defend and protect the values of inclusion, tolerance and fairness, and to preserve existing programs and regulations that foster economic stability for all. We are dedicated to blocking government actions that promote inequality and strip away much needed worker and consumer protections. We seek an economy that works for everyone.
Our group cares deeply about a wide range of progressive issues, and while we don't believe that defensive congressional advocacy is the only activity we should do, we believe that focusing on our own Members of Congress - and what they are doing right now - is the highest value way to lobby your representatives, which makes it a strong defense against the Trump agenda.
The Economic Justice Action Team welcomes new members and guests at our meetings. If you are interested in attending a meeting or learning more about our team, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consumer Protection / Financial Regulations
- Jobs / Wages
- Government Benefits
ACTIONS WE TAKE
- Monitor proposed legislation at the state and federal level that impact our focus areas of interest.
- Advocate for and defend policies and regulations at the local, state and national level that promote a just and sustainable economy that works for all people.
- Coordinate office visits and email and phone campaigns to communicate with our local Members of Congress about timely issues.
- Collaborate with established local and state groups on policy advocacy.
Signup for Action Updates!
Receive updates for any Team... right in your mail inbox. Know when and how to take action!
VIDEO: They're Coming for Your Internet!
We recognize the importance of policies to promote access to safe and affordable housing.
Consumer Protection / Financial Regulations
We recognize the need to protect consumers from high risk and predatory financial practices while also ensuring stability for the U.S. economy.
Jobs / Wages
We recognize the need to protect and promote fair wages and sustainable job creation and training.
We believe in preserving public assistance programs that provide needed support to vulnerable populations and help lift people out of poverty.