If there is an event that should be added to the Indivisible calendar, please email to email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
We Demand Democracy! A Spring Recess Banner Drop
April 7 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Updated April 9: You can still do your own banner drop using the toolkit and tips below. Be sure to post pictures, etc. to social media using the hashtags listed.
Members of Congress are home for spring recess, and they need to hear from us!
Indivisible AVL is joining with groups all over the country for Recovery Recess actions during this Congressional Spring Recess period (March 29 through April 11), to draw attention to the need for a bold recovery and democracy reform…
How to Participate
For this Banner Drop event, we’re asking everyone to make big bold banners saying “WE DEMAND DEMOCRACY BECAUSE….” and fill in what’s important to you. Then go somewhere with your friends to a highly visible area (outside, please, for Covid-19 safety), take photos of yourselves with your banner, and post on social media.
You can do this on your own from anywhere… To make your signs ahead of time, download and share the Toolkit at: bit.ly/demand-democracy
- Try to choose a high-traffic location: such as an overpass, a main intersection, or something similar, or just an area where many people tend to walk by.
- You could also go to the outside of our reps’ offices!
- In Asheville, Sen. Richard Burr’s (unstaffed) WNC office is located at the Federal Building (151 Patton Avenue)
- Sen. Tillis’s (unstaffed) regional office is at the Historic Courthouse Square in Hendersonville
- Or you could make a statement in front of the office of our so-called District 11 Representative Madison Cawthorn (200 North Grove St, Hendersonville), who voted AGAINST the For The People Act in the House
- When you get to your destination, take a picture of you and your friends with your banners.
- Then post your photo on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – whatever social media platforms you’re on – using these hashtags:
- On Twitter, be sure to tag @SenatorBurr and @SenatorTillis
We will follow and share and retweet your posts!
Feel free to share the toolkit with friends: bit.ly/demand-democracy
Note: Use the month selection in the search bar at the top of the calendar to jump to a different month if the links at the bottom are not working.