If there is an event that should be added to the Indivisible calendar, please email to email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
The Violence and Virtue of White Women’s Tears
September 30, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join Faith 4 Justice Asheville and a multi-racial panel of women, Thursday, September 30th, from 6:30 to 8 pm, to discuss the Violence and Virtue of White Women’s Tears. The panelists will address this painful and controversial topic from a biblical and historical perspective while they build and strengthen relationships between women across color lines.
- How, when and where white women’s tears have resulted in violence against black and brown bodies biblically and throughout history
- How are white women’s tears weaponized in multi-racial spaces, and used to control and center white comfort?
- What is our response to white women’s tears and how is that response to Black and Latinx women’s tears different?
- How can white women accept responsibility so their tears don’t manipulate, violate and do harm?
- Where and when should white woman cry and grieve so that they can genuinely and fully heal?
- How do all women strengthen relationships across color-lines as we address these painful and controversial issues?
Note: Use the month selection in the search bar at the top of the calendar to jump to a different month if the links at the bottom are not working.