If there is an event that should be added to the Indivisible calendar, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Sen. Tillis’s Telephone Town Hall
May 11 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Ask Senator Tillis Tough Questions at his Telephone Town Hall
In March, U.S. Senator Thom Tillis began holding telephone town halls related to the coronavirus and health care in North Carolina. Piedmont Rising has put out a Digital Toolkit for making certain Senator Tillis is directly available to all of his constituents – not just the ones who have questions he wants to answer.
The kit includes broad messaging, social content, and graphics.
Here’s a link to how to call in.
Town Hall schedule:
- Friday, May 8th | 10:10 AM
- Monday, May 11 | 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 12 | 11:30 am
In the midst of a global pandemic, North Carolinians deserve to know:
- Will Thom Tillis commit to protecting pre-existing conditions at the same level that they are currently protected in the Affordable Care Act?
- For North Carolinians who have lost their job due to this crisis, the Affordable Care Act is a critical method to gain health insurance. Does Sen. Thom Tillis still believe we should repeal the ACA, which at least half a million North Carolinians rely on for health care coverage?
- In March, Sen. Tillis voted against an amendment to expand paid leave in one of the first coronavirus relief packages. Expanding paid leave to all North Carolina workers would mitigate this pandemic and its strain on our health care system. Will Sen. Tillis promise to fight for paid sick leave in the future?
- North Carolina has one of the highest uninsured rates in the nation. Will Senator Tillis push President Trump to reverse course and support a special enrollment period to allow North Carolinians
Piedmont Rising has prepared a toolkit with background info and actions to take. You can access the toolkit here.
Piedmont Rising is fighting for more accessible, affordable health care for all North Carolinians – and we’re demanding our leaders do the same. We believe in decreasing premiums, lowering prescription drug costs, and protecting coverage for pre-existing conditions.
Note: Use the month selection in the search bar at the top of the calendar to jump to a different month if the links at the bottom are not working.