If there is an event that should be added to the Indivisible calendar, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Phone and Email Blitz To Fight HB 453
June 2 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Help flood the phone lines with calls and email before the 10 am Senate Health Care Committee meeting in a phone and email blitz to NC Senate Health Care Committee members, from 8 to 10 am on Wednesday, June 2nd and tell them to vote AGAINST anti-abortion bill HB 453! This concentrated two-hour block will clearly demonstrate that North Carolinians do NOT want bills that attack abortion access.
NC Senate Health Care Committee members to call and email between 8 to 10 am on June 2nd:
– Senator Jim Burgin, Chair: 919-733-5748, Jim.Burgin@ncleg.gov
– Senator Joyce, Krawiec, Chair: 919-733-7850, Joyce.Krawiec@ncleg.gov
– Senator Jim Perry, Chair: 919-733-5621, Jim.Perry@ncleg.gov
– Senator Deanna Ballard: 919-733-5742, Deanna.Ballard@ncleg.gov
– Senator Lisa Barnes: 919-715-3030, Lisa.Barnes@ncleg.gov
– Senator Danny Britt: 919-733-5651, Danny.Britt@ncleg.gov
– Senator Sarah Crawford: 919-733-5850, Sarah.Crawford@ncleg.gov
– Senator Don Davis: 919-715-8363, Don.Davis@ncleg.gov
– Senator Ralph Hise: 919-733-3460, Ralph.Hise@ncleg.gov
– Senator Steve Jarvis: (919) 733-5743, Steve.Jarvis@ncleg.gov
– Senator Todd Johnson: 919-733-7659, Todd.Johnson@ncleg.gov
– Senator Michael Lee: 919-715-2525, Michael.Lee@ncleg.gov
– Senator Mujtaba Mohammed: 919-733-5955, Mujtaba.Mohammed@ncleg.gov
– Senator Gladys Robinson: 919-715-3042, Gladys.Robinson@ncleg.gov
– Senator Mike Woodard: (919-733-4809, Mike.Woodard@ncleg.gov
CALL/EMAIL SCRIPT (if no answer, please leave this as a message):
Hi, my name is _________, I’m calling to voice my strong opposition to HB 453, and to ask Senator_________ to vote against it. The purpose of HB 453 is nothing more than to strip away North Carolinians’ ability to access healthcare and control their own reproductive lives. HB 453 does not address discrimination nor the needs of people of color, people with disabilities, nor people with Down syndrome. Leading disability justice groups and medical groups, like Disability Rights NC and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, oppose this bill. All HB 453 would do is stigmatize and isolate people who access abortion and interfere in the relationship between patients and their doctors. If we hope to prevent discrimination, then vote against HB 453, and focus the NCGA’s efforts on the actual priorities and needs of people with disabilities and communities of color, like expanding Medicaid, increasing services and resources for North Carolinians with disabilities, and reducing the astronomical maternal mortality rate for Black North Carolinians.
Note: Use the month selection in the search bar at the top of the calendar to jump to a different month if the links at the bottom are not working.