If there is an event that should be added to the Indivisible calendar, please email to email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Fair Chance Criminal Justice Update on COVID-19
May 5, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
In recent months the COVID-19 outbreak has put a heavy burden on our criminal justice system. As a result, the NC Justice Center has partnered with impacted people, advocacy organizations, and decision-makers to advocate for policies and practices to create a more just landscape during these uncertain times.
Our team has been working hard to advocate for the prison population by contacting local policymakers and state legislators, providing solidarity and support in the form of personal letters from Second Chance Alliance members, and providing key resources to people being released early.
We know you have a lot of questions and suggestions! Please join us to discuss what’s to come and what else you’d like to see from us.
Tuesday’s panel will include the following colleagues from the Fair Chance Criminal Justice Project:
- Daniel Bowes – Director, Fair Chance Criminal Justice Project
- Laura Holland – Attorney, Fair Chance Criminal Justice Project
- Ivy Johnson – Attorney, Fair Chance Criminal Justice Project
- Quisha Mallette – Attorney, Fair Chance Criminal Justice Project
- Jonathan Patton – Leslie J. Winner Public Interest and Civil Rights Fellow
- Emily Turner – Attorney, Education & Law Project
When: Tuesday, May 5th at 12:00 PM
Where: Online; pre-register
Questions?? Contact Kim-Marie McLellan at 919-856-3185 or kim_marie@
Note: Use the month selection in the search bar at the top of the calendar to jump to a different month if the links at the bottom are not working.