If there is an event that should be added to the Indivisible calendar, please email to email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Demonstration to Demand a Fair Impeachment Trial
January 29 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
The Progressive Alliance of Henderson County urges activists to come together to reject the risk of a hollow Senate impeachment trial. A group protest will begin at 4:30 Wednesday Jan. 29, at the intersection of Sixth Avenue East at King St., Hendersonville. Bring a friend. Bring a sign. Come support a national effort to ensure public justice.
WHAT: “Demand a Fair Trial!” Public Demonstration
WHEN: Wed, Jan 29, 4:30 – 5:30 pm
WHERE: Intersection of Sixth Ave. East & King St., Hendersonville
WHO: Sponsored by Progressive Alliance of Henderson County and national coalition
PAHC urges participants to promote safe behavior at protest sites:
- Stay in areas outlined in the permit (out of the street!)
- Obey traffic signals and stay on crosswalks if crossing the street.
- Allow adequate room for pedestrians not involved in the demonstration to pass freely on sidewalks and streets.
- Be respectful at all times. Take the high ground and refuse to engage in debate with those of differing views (refrain from shouting, cursing, taunting and using profane gestures). Smiling and waving always works best.
- Don’t challenge authorities at the scene of a protest. It is against the law to disobey a lawful order by a police officer. If you are stopped by police stay calm, be polite and don’t run. Keep your hands visible. If it’s required by law, identify yourself. Otherwise stay silent if a police officer is questioning you. Verbally tell the officer, “I wish to remain silent.”
Note: Use the month selection in the search bar at the top of the calendar to jump to a different month if the links at the bottom are not working.