Candidates for US House District 11
The best way to get to know the candidates for US House District 11 is to attend one of the many forums they've participated in. Shake hands, hear them debate, ask them questions. But for those of you whose schedules doesn't allow for that, we sat down with them for you. We conducted private interviews with each of the five candidates, asking them each the same five questions. The videos of the interviews are here for you, along with candidate bios and links to their campaign websites.
Here are the five questions we put to each candidate:
- Please introduce yourself and describe why the voters would choose you over the other four candidates, and tell us what is the most important strength you have that will make you a good representative?
- Tell us about a time that you, working together with other people, achieved something significant. Why did you get involved in this project, what was the biggest obstacle that you encountered and how did you overcome it?
- What have you done to connect with the voters in the 11th District that will help you win in November? How will you build a campaign organization that will be successful and where will you get funding?
- While we don’t yet know who your opponent will be in November, what will you focus on in your campaign to maximize your chances of winning the election?
- What issue is the most important to you and how do you see this issue affecting the constituents of District 11? When you are elected what will you do to advance this issue in Congress?
Gina Collias (D)
Gina Collias is a mother, wife, attorney and businesswoman. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and her law degree from Mercer University.
For Gina's full bio, visit her campaign website: Gina Collias for Congress
Moe Davis is a retired Air Force Colonel, former Chief Prosecutor at Guantanamo Bay, Director of the Air Force Judiciary, law professor, judge, speaker, writer and national security expert who has appeared on news shows from NBC to CNN, CBS, Fox, MSNBC and NPR.
For Moe's full bio, visit his campaign website: Moe Davis for Congress
Michael O’Shea is a Millennial Progressive Democratic Candidate for the US House of Representatives in Western North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District.
He works as an audio engineer and produces for other artists like his sister Kathryn O’Shea, a local banjo-playing folk singer/songwriter. He has an extensive resume as an audio mastering engineer and works with artists from around the country in genres ranging from acoustic folk to hip-hop.
For Michael's full bio, visit his campaign website: Michael O'Shea for Congress
Phillip Price is a small business owner, a musician, a woodworker, an outdoorsman. He and his wife Michelle, who grew up in Cashiers, have lived everywhere from Jackson to McDowell, with stops in Transylvania, Macon, Haywood, and Buncombe along the way. Over the years, he has worked in all 17 counties in the district.
For Phillip's full bio, visit his campaign website: Phillip Price for Congress
Steve is a retired Air Force major from Pisgah Forest. Following retirement from the Air Force, he held positions at the US Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Aviation Administration, several corporate leadership positions, a community action agency, and has taught at several colleges and universities including graduate courses for the Forbes School of Business.
For Steve's full bio, visit his campaign website: Steve Woodsmall for Congress