Meet the Candidates
We'll soon be updating this page with information on candidates for local, state and national office who'll be appearing on the ballot in November.
In the meantime, enjoy this interview with Moe Davis, Democratic candidate for North Carolina's Congressional District 11.
In the June 23rd run-off primary, Madison Cawthorn was elected as the Republican candidate for Congressional District 11. We hope to conduct an interview with him soon, which we will post here as well.
These are the questions we asked for this video interview:
- Please introduce yourself and describe why the voters would choose you over the other four candidates, and tell us what is the most important strength you have that will make you a good representative?
- Tell us about a time that you, working together with other people, achieved something significant. Why did you get involved in this project, what was the biggest obstacle that you encountered and how did you overcome it?
- What have you done to connect with the voters in the 11th District that will help you win in November? How will you build a campaign organization that will be successful and where will you get funding?
- While we don’t yet know who your opponent will be in November, what will you focus on in your campaign to maximize your chances of winning the election?
- What issue is the most important to you and how do you see this issue affecting the constituents of District 11? When you are elected what will you do to advance this issue in Congress?
Moe Davis is a retired Air Force Colonel, former Chief Prosecutor at Guantanamo Bay, Director of the Air Force Judiciary, law professor, judge, speaker, writer and national security expert who has appeared on news shows from NBC to CNN, CBS, Fox, MSNBC and NPR.
For Moe's full bio, visit his campaign website: Moe Davis for Congress