Meet the Candidates
We'll soon be updating this page with information on candidates for local, state and national office who'll be appearing on the ballot in November.
In the meantime, enjoy this interview with Moe Davis, Democratic candidate for North Carolina's Congressional District 11.
NOTE: The Republican primary in March didn't result in a winner with more than 30% of the vote, so the top two vote-getters — Lynda Bennett (with 22.7% of the vote) and Madison Cawthorn (with 20.4%) — will compete in a runoff on June 23, 2020. After the run-off, we will invite the Republican candidate to answer these same questions.
These are the questions we put to the candidate in this video interview:
- Please introduce yourself and describe why the voters would choose you over the other four candidates, and tell us what is the most important strength you have that will make you a good representative?
- Tell us about a time that you, working together with other people, achieved something significant. Why did you get involved in this project, what was the biggest obstacle that you encountered and how did you overcome it?
- What have you done to connect with the voters in the 11th District that will help you win in November? How will you build a campaign organization that will be successful and where will you get funding?
- While we don’t yet know who your opponent will be in November, what will you focus on in your campaign to maximize your chances of winning the election?
- What issue is the most important to you and how do you see this issue affecting the constituents of District 11? When you are elected what will you do to advance this issue in Congress?
Moe Davis is a retired Air Force Colonel, former Chief Prosecutor at Guantanamo Bay, Director of the Air Force Judiciary, law professor, judge, speaker, writer and national security expert who has appeared on news shows from NBC to CNN, CBS, Fox, MSNBC and NPR.
For Moe's full bio, visit his campaign website: Moe Davis for Congress