2020 General Election Candidates
Indivisible Asheville/WNC is a grassroots, non-partisan organization with a mission to defend democracy with informed community action in Western NC. We support progressive policies that will help improve citizens’ lives at the local, state, and national level, especially in the areas of healthcare, economic justice, racial equity, environmental protection, and voting rights. Our Board of Directors has selected the candidates we believe will best fight for these values and policies.
US President & Vice-President—Joe Biden & Kamala Harris
US Senator—Cal Cunningham
US Representative, Congressional District 11—Moe Davis
NC Governor—Roy Cooper
NC Lieutenant Governor—Yvonne Holley
NC Attorney General—Josh Stein
NC Auditor—Beth Ann Wood
NC Commissioner of Agriculture—Jenna Wadsworth
NC Commissioner of Insurance—Wayne Goodwin
NC Commissioner of Labor—Jessica Holmes
NC Secretary of State—Elaine Marshall
NC Superintendent of Public Instruction—Jen Mangrum
NC Supreme Court Chief Justice—Cheri Beasley
NC Supreme Court Associate Justice, Seat 2—Lucy Inman
NC Supreme Court Associate Justice, Seat 4—Mark Davis
NC Court of Appeals, Seat 4—Tricia Shields
NC Court of Appeals, Seat 5—Lora Christine Cubbage
NC Court of Appeals, Seat 6—Gray Styers
NC Court of Appeals, Seat 7—Reuben Young
NC Court of Appeals, Seat 13—Chris Brook
NC Senate, District 48—Brian Caskey
NC Senate, District 49—Julie Mayfield
NC House, District 114—Susan Fisher
NC House, District 115—John Ager
NC House, Distrct 116—Brian Turner
DISTRICT & LOCAL OFFICES
NC District Court, District 28, Seat 6—Andrea Dray
NC District Court, District 28, Seat 7—J. Calvin Hill
Buncombe County Commission Chair—Brownie Newman
Buncombe County Commission, District 1—Terri Wells
Buncombe County Commission, District 2—Jasmine Beach-Ferrara
Buncombe County Commission, District 3—Parker Sloan
Buncombe County Register of Deeds—Drew Reisenger
Buncombe County Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisor—Gary Higgins
Only Moe Davis, Democratic candidate for North Carolina's Congressional District 11, responded to our request for an interview..
These are the questions we asked for this video interview:
- Please introduce yourself and describe why the voters would choose you over the other four candidates, and tell us what is the most important strength you have that will make you a good representative?
- Tell us about a time that you, working together with other people, achieved something significant. Why did you get involved in this project, what was the biggest obstacle that you encountered and how did you overcome it?
- What have you done to connect with the voters in the 11th District that will help you win in November? How will you build a campaign organization that will be successful and where will you get funding?
- While we don’t yet know who your opponent will be in November, what will you focus on in your campaign to maximize your chances of winning the election?
- What issue is the most important to you and how do you see this issue affecting the constituents of District 11? When you are elected what will you do to advance this issue in Congress?
Moe Davis is a retired Air Force Colonel, former Chief Prosecutor at Guantanamo Bay, Director of the Air Force Judiciary, law professor, judge, speaker, writer and national security expert who has appeared on news shows from NBC to CNN, CBS, Fox, MSNBC and NPR.
For Moe's full bio, visit his campaign website: Moe Davis for Congress