Sending a personal faxed letter to your Members of Congress is super easy and fast, using Resistbot, a free tech tool developed and run by volunteers.
Here’s how it works (screen shots taken from a Resistbot review in The Daily Good):
- Text “resist” to 50409. Resistbot will respond and ask for your name and address.
- Next, you’ll be asked who you want to write — the White House, the Senate, the House, your Governor, etc. — and Resistbot finds your representative.
- Start typing the message you want to send. Resistbot will wait until you say you’re done, then will give you clear options to review, edit, delete, or start over. Once you’re ready to send, Resistbot will format your letter to look professional and fax it directly to your representative’s office.
That’s it! You’re done.
Resistbot will even send you a link to an image file of your letter to keep for your records. After it’s delivered, Resistbot will text you a confirmation.
- Your letter can be as short or as long as you like.
- Text “resist” any time you want to send another message.
- Text “reminders” if you want a reminder to write again tomorrow.
- You can always edit or preview a letter before you send it.
- Text STOP to 50409 to stop all messages from Resistbot. Text HELP to 50409 for help with using the service.
- To learn more about Resistbot and to check out their FAQs, visit https://resistbot.io/
- Writing tips:
- Be specific. (“Vote NO on the current Tax Bill”)
- Make it personal.
- Use your own words.
- Be persistent. Keep on writing!