All right, this is it. For the last five weeks, we’ve been looking at short and easy ways to get out the vote for this important election. Now election time is here.
ELECTION WEEK Action: VOTE!
Early voting in North Carolina ended on Saturday, so if you missed it, this week’s action tip is simple: Vote Tuesday!
- You can check your Polling Place and Sample Ballot here. Simply fill out the short Voter Search form on the NC Board of Elections website, click on your name in the search results, and scroll down to see your Election Day Polling Place and Sample Ballot. Click on the 11/06/2018 General Election ballot to download and print the exact form you will find at the polls.
- Print out and mark your Sample Ballot. You can take your marked ballot into the voting booth with you!
- If you haven’t reviewed the Non-Partisan Offices on the ballot in Buncombe County, check out interviews with the Soil & Water Conservation Supervisor candidates here.
- Remember to #NixAllSix and vote AGAINST the deceptive Constitutional Amendments. Read a summary here that shows how they appear on the ballot—and what they really mean.
ELECTION WEEK Outreach: Help Others Vote
Who do you know who might have a hard time getting to the polls? Who might need a ride? Who might find it tough to get away from work? Who needs a babysitter? Who might not be motivated? Think of neighbors, coworkers, acquaintances, business colleagues. Make a list and reach out.
- Send them a short note, or give them a call.
- Ask if they’ve checked their Sample Ballot. If not, give them the link to view and download it here.
- Print out the #NixAllSix info and share. Or email them this link: https://democracync.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/2018_DemNC_Slate_Card_BW_f.pdf
Have some extra time on Election Day? Contact the Buncombe County Democratic Party or your favorite candidate to find out where they need volunteer help.
Let’s do everything we can to make sure everyone we know gets out and votes!
Earlier Election Countdown Tips