The new North Carolina-based organization Piedmont Rising is seeking applications for fellowships in two flights from September 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020 and from January 30, 2020 to June 30, 2020. This agreement is for fellows to participate in the September 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020 flight.
The Organizing Fellows Program (the “Program”) is designed to support leaders throughout the state of North Carolina who are helping to shape public engagement in their communities. The Program is an exciting opportunity to connect with a network of progressive organizations working to mobilize and engage local community activists, encouraging them to speak out at critical moments in our civic discourse. The program will operate in two flights from September 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020 and from January 30, 2020 – June 30, 2020. This agreement is for fellows to participate in the September 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020 flight.
Activities fellows are required to do:
- Recruit and train fellow activists to speak out and educate the public on health care
- Lead grassroots rallies, press conferences, bird dogging events, and social media drives, and other events in coordination with the Community Organizing and Outreach Director
- Collect stories about the impact of health care on members of your community
Under no circumstances may the stipend provided to you as a Fellow (as described below) be used to fund communications that expressly advocate the election or defeat of any candidate for office.
The expectations for each Fellow are as follows:
- Commit 10 hours a week to engage in the activities as listed above during the period of September 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019 (the “Term”)
- Attend a convening about how best to participate in this program
- Communicate and coordinate with the Community Organizing and Outreach Director and Piedmont Rising staff members
- Have regular access to a computer or smartphone with internet access
- Have regular access to a car for transportation purposes
- Have familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Each Fellow will be paid a stipend of $1,000 for each full month of participation as a Fellow from September 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020 and will be prorated for work completed during partial months. No reimbursement will be provided for any Program-related expenses incurred by the Fellows.
Send letter to Faisal Khan, Deputy Executive Director and Campaign Director, Piedmont Rising, at email@example.com.