UPDATE (Oct 15, 2020): A pre-recorded training module will be provided to each new volunteer after you sign up. Please use the links below to sign up for shifts, and a vote tripling team leader will follow up with you soon to provide training and materials.
Indivisible Asheville/WNC announces the launch of a well-researched and proven get-out-the-vote strategy called vote tripling.
Our local initiative, “Friends to the Polls,” is the fourth component of a multi-pronged “Let’s All Vote!” 2020 Voter Engagement Campaign. “Friends to the Polls” will focus on talking with voters at the polls during the Early Voting period, October 15 through 31.
Trained volunteers will be stationed outside polling sites at seven Early Voting locations in Buncombe County:
- The Dr. Wesley Grant, Sr. Center (285 Livingston St, Asheville 28801)
- UNCA Asheville Campus (One University Heights, Highsmith Student Union, Asheville 28804)
- West Asheville Community Center (970 Haywood Rd, Asheville 28806)
- Reynolds Village (50 N. Merrimon Ave, Asheville 28804)
- Enka-Candler Library (1404 Sand Hill Rd, Candler 28715)
- South Buncombe Library (260 Overlook Rd, Asheville 28803)
- Black Mountain Library (105 N. Dougherty St, Black Mountain 28711)
Volunteers will encourage voters, as they leave the polls after voting, to stop and take a moment to text or call three progressive friends about voting. The goal is for voters who have just voted to reach out personally to three people they know — friends, neighbors, co-workers — to make sure they have a plan to vote and have the information they need for voting (such as polling place, sample ballots, etc).
We are recruiting volunteers for “Friends to the Polls” for three-hour shifts on one or more days at one or more of the seven selected polling locations.
Volunteers will be required to attend a brief Zoom training on Vote Tripling. Trainings will be offered at two different times, to accommodate different schedules:
Sign up below for shifts or contact Lynn Karegeannes at 2020vote@IndivisibleAVL.org for more information.
- The Dr. Wesley Grant, Sr. Center – http://bit.ly/x3grant
- UNCA Asheville Campus – http://bit.ly/x3unca
- West Asheville Community Center – http://bit.ly/x3westavl
- Reynolds Village – http://bit.ly/x3reynolds
- Enka-Candler Library – http://bit.ly/x3enkacandler
- South Buncombe Library – http://bit.ly/x3southavl
- Black Mountain Library – http://bit.ly/x3blkmtn
Vote Tripling is one of the most effective ways to get our neighbors to the polls this fall. So please join “Friends to the Polls” and help make Buncombe County a leader in 2020 turnout.