Support the Postal Workers Union Day of Action 8/25
The American Postal Workers Union (APWU), representing over 200,000 postal workers, is organizing rallies at post offices across America and calling on supporters to join in a massive show of support on August 25th. The APWU members who serve us every day have three immediate demands of our elected officials and of Postmaster General DeJoy:
- Provide at least $25 billion in immediate support for the Postal Service
- Stop the mail slowdown policies introduced by Postmaster General DeJoy
- Ensure public confidence in voting-by-mail by providing the resources for the most timely delivery of election mail possible
The House interrupted summer recess to do exactly that. With a vote of 257-150, the House passed a bill on Saturday 8/22 that meets all three of those critical needs. We now need for the Senate to act. So on Tuesday, please take the following actions:
- Write and call Senators Burr & Tillis and tell them we need the Senate to take up the House bill NOW:
Sen. Thom Tillis — (202) 224-6342
Sen. Richard Burr — (202) 224-3154
- If you’re on Twitter, join APWU in a nation-wide tweet storm by tweeting #SavethePostOffice and #ProtectOurVote, being sure to tag @SenThomTillis and @SenBurr, and follow and retweet @APWUnational, @usmailnot4sale @takeonwallst and @Public_Citizen.
- Share this image on social media and with your contacts.