Join #NoMooreGames Tweetstorm 8/22 for Medicaid Expansion
Join Health Action NC , and friends in a “No Moore Games!” Tweetstorm for Medicaid Expansion on Monday, August 22, from 2 to 3 p.m., to urge Speaker Tim Moore and Senate President Phil Berger to stop playing politics with Medicaid expansion.
After historic momentum to expand Medicaid, efforts have slowed down to a trickle because of what appears to be a blame game between the two chambers of the NC General Assembly (NCGA) and the NC Healthcare Association. Meanwhile, the real losers are the 600,000 North Carolinians stuck in the coverage gap without access to affordable healthcare coverage.
This tweetstorm will target the main political players: Speaker Moore and Senator Berger. We will 1) demand that NC legislators stop playing games with people’s lives and 2) publicize the public demonstration we are holding on August 23 (10 AM) at the NCGA.
- House Speaker Tim Moore: @NCHouseSpeaker
- Senator Phil Berger: @SenatorBerger
We will also tag our current reps in the NC House and Senate. In Buncombe County, that includes:
- (NC House District 114) Rep. Caleb Rudow: @CalebRudow
- (NC House District 115) Rep. John Ager: @RepJohnAger
- (NC House District 116) Rep. Brian Turner: @BrianTurnerNC
- (NC Senate District 48) Sen. Chuck Edwards:
- (NC Senate District 49) Sen. Julie Mayfield: @MayfieldforNC
Find your current reps at https://www.ncleg.gov/FindYourLegislators
The tweetstorm toolkit with graphics is available at https://bit.ly/nomooregames