The Senate is voting on their awful health care bill tomorrow – and this could be our best chance to stop it once and for all.
If this vote passes, Congress will be on its way to stripping away coverage and severely hiking costs for older Americans. We must do everything in our power to stop it today.
Even if you’ve called before, Sen. Burr and Sen. Tillis need to hear from you today, before they vote. Call (202) 224-3121 right now, and tell them to stand up for you and kill this higher-cost, less-coverage bill, once and for all.
There are serious problems with all of their Trumpcare plans, including:
- More than one in ten North Carolina residents would lose health insurance
- That’s more than 1.3 million North Carolinians
- We will pay more for worse care.
- This is the most significant threat to Medicaid ever.
- An estimated 640,000 will lose Medicaid coverage; elderly citizens, people with disabilities, children and veterans stand to lose.
- The bill is going to hurt people with pre-existing conditions.
- States could seek waivers to allow insurers to drop some basic benefits, such as maternity care and contraceptives.
- Even if you have insurance through your employer, you could face new limits to your benefits.
- Your deductibles and co-pays will go up.
For a side by side comparison with the ACA, click here.
Call Senators Burr and Tillis Now!
Burr: (202) 224-3154
Tillis: (202) 224-6342
(More ways to contact your representatives here.)
“Hi, my name is ________. I’m calling from [ZIP CODE] in [NAME OF TOWN]. I strongly oppose your plan to replace the Affordable Care Act with the Better Care Reconciliation Act. I urge Senator _____ to vote NO on any version of Trumpcare. Don’t repeal the ACA. Make it better.”
Keep the pressure on! Call, write, fax, and share this action.