Asheville’s March for Truth
On June 3, 2017 citizens around the country participated in The March for Truth.
Our objectives were:
1. Establish an independent commission to investigate Russian ties
2. The commission must operate with transparency
3. Congress must compel Pres. Trump to release his tax returns
4. Any crimes or collusion discovered must be prosecuted
Asheville’s March for Truth was held at Pack Square. Hundreds of resolute resistors joined the group. As always there were lots of interesting, well-thought out signs. We listened to speakers, wrote postcards to Senator Burr as part of Indivisible’s #RussianTies campaign, talked to like-minded protestors unhappy with the current administration, and of course, Marched for Truth!
Speakers had an enthusiastic reception from the crowd. We were especially excited to meet and speak with Kenneth Queen. Kenneth recently announced his run for House of Representatives, District 10 against incumbent Mark Meadows.
Speakers: The event was kicked off by our MC and leader of IndivisibleAVL, Brenda Murphree
1. Kenneth Queen; candidate for House of Representatives, District 10
2. Cindy Walker; leader of Foothills Indivisible (which showed up with a busload!)
3. Leslie Boyd; health care activist
4. Valerie Hartshorn; leader of Black Mountain Indivisible
5. NC Representative John Ager, District 115
Following the march, on June 5, We sent 400 #Russian Ties postcards to Senator Burr, expressing our wishes for an aggressive, non-partisan, transparent investigation, and our discontent with the current Senate Intelligence Committee’s investigation.
Thanks to members of IndivisibleAVL’s US Congress Watch team for helping make this event happen. If you’d like to get involved with the US Congress Watch team for future events, contact us at email@example.com.