If you’ve ever thought about getting involved with Indivisible AVL, now is the time! The Board is currently seeking individuals to help with ongoing communications needs and to help with our overall volunteer management. You don’t need prior experience working with Indivisible AVL. If you have the interest, the skills, and the time, and if you’re committed to our goals and values, we’d love to have you on board!
We’re currently looking for good writers, a social media maven, graphic designer, and data entry wizard to join our communications team. We’re also looking for someone to help us reach out to and keep track of all our volunteers, someone to keep up with the good folks who keep our voter engagement campaign and other activist work going.
If you’re interested in any of these roles, or if you’d like to help in other ways, reach out and let us know! You can fill out the short form on our Contact page here, or give us a call at 828-333-7228.
Note: Indivisible AVL is a nonprofit grassroots group that operates as a 501(c)(4), led by an all-volunteer board of directors. Work of the organization is carried out by a team of volunteer leaders and activists.
Website Content Manager
The writer overseeing the Indivisible AVL website will:
- Coordinate with Board members and other organizations to create relevant content on the Indivisible AVL website, which might take the form of:
- Calendar updates
- News posts
- Action alerts
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager and the Newsletter Manager to share content across platforms.
- Ideally, the writer in this position will also serve on the Indivisible AVL Board. At the minimum, the individual will attend Board meetings whenever possible and stay actively in touch with others on the leadership team.
- For the right person, this position will essentially become that of Communications Director for the organization.
Qualifications: Strong, versatile writing skills. Experience with WordPress content management or a willingness to learn.
Social Media Management
The Social Media Manager will:
- Actively manage the Indivisible AVL Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, and monitor and update YouTube as videos become available.
- Work closely with the Website Content Manager and other Board members to post and promote Indivisible AVL events.
- Regularly monitor social media posts and events from other state and community groups, and share with our followers as appropriate.
- Monitor guest posts and mentions, and publish or share as appropriate.
- Monitor engagement, and respond to replies or questions as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond to direct messages in Facebook and Twitter.
- Ideally, the social media manager will also serve on the Indivisible AVL Board. At the minimum, the individual will attend Board meetings whenever possible and stay actively in touch with others on the leadership team.
Qualifications: Experience with social media management for a business or organization.
The Data Manager will:
- Work with the Website Manager and event leaders to collect lists of registrants and attendees at Indivisible AVL events (virtual or in-person).
- Enter new names and contact details in our volunteer database in AirTable, and update new and existing names with individuals’ event registration and attendance information.
- Add or update names in our subscriber list in MailChimp, creating sortable tags to track each event registration and attendance category.
- Work with 2020 “Let’s All Vote!” Campaign leaders to collect lists of names and numbers for voter outreach texting campaigns.
- Update our ThruText texting database with new and updated information as appropriate.
Qualifications: Familiarity with basic spreadsheet and database software, or the willingness to learn.
The Designer will:
- Create graphics for Indivisible AVL events.
- Create other social media graphics as needed.
- (Possible): Create print collateral, such as promotional posters, fliers, or educational literature, if in-person events resume post-COVID.
Qualifications: Design skills and access to Adobe design software.
The Volunteer Coordinator will:
- Manage our volunteer database in AirTable, including adding new volunteers and updating individual volunteer records with names and dates of volunteer involvement.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to stay alert to current and upcoming needs for volunteers.
- Fill those needs by placing volunteers who are already in our database or by recruiting new volunteers. Recruitment methods might include:
- Web posts, website Volunteer page, or a special website call to action
- An announcement on social media
- A short post in our weekly newsletter
- Other community outreach
- Periodically review volunteer interests and participation levels in the AirTable database, and reach out to inactive volunteers to find how to re-engage them in Indivisible AVL activities.
- Work closely with our Voter Engagement Campaign leaders to help find, place, and engage volunteers as needed for virtual canvassing and relational voter outreach.
- Ideally, the individual in this position will also serve on the Indivisible AVL Board. At the minimum, the individual will attend Board meetings whenever possible and stay actively in touch with others on the leadership team.
Qualifications: Strong communication skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire others to get involved in activist work. Familiarity with a CRM or other data management platform, or the willingness to learn. Prior volunteer management experience a plus.