Join us for our Digital Advocacy Day on 4/28 to urge our leaders in the NCGA to expand #Medicaid immediately! No more excuses. People’s lives are on the line. #CloseTheGapNC #InThisTogether #HealthCareCantWait
North Carolina needs to expand Medicaid now more than ever! If the NC General Assembly had decided to #CloseTheGapNC in 2013, over 500,000 North Carolinians would have had access to healthcare right now during #COVID19 and many of our rural hospitals that have had to close would still be open.
This coordinated statewide day of action starts with a half-hour webinar, followed by a statewide blitz of phone calls and emails, urging the legislature to Expand Medicaid NOW! We’ll wrap it up with a flurry of social media activity, tagging our reps in Raleigh to tell them to #CloseTheGapNC and #ExpandMedicaidNC!
LEARN MORE – 9:30–10:00am – Join the short webinar on “Why North Carolina needs Medicaid Expansion.” Sign up at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8204958594007953420
CALL & EMAIL – 10:30am–2:00pm – Email and call Senate Leader Phil Berger and House Speaker Tim Moore to tell them to #CloseTheGapNC and #ExpandMedicaidNC!
SPREAD IT ON SOCIAL – 2:00–3:00pm – If you’re on Twitter, join in the afternoon Tweet Storm to #ExpandMedicaidNC and #CloseTheGapNC because we are #InThisTogether! Be sure to tag Indivisible AVL @IndivisibleAVL and our reps in Raleigh:
- House Leadership: @NCHouseSpeaker,
- Senate Leadership: @SenatorBerger
- Senate Health Care committee chair: @joycekrawiec
- House Health Committee Chairs: @JoshDobsonNC, @LarryPottsNC, @donna4nchouse
- Our Buncombe County legislators – Sen. Terry Van Duyn: TerryVanDuynNC; (House District 116) Rep. Brian Turner: @BrianTurnerNC; (House District 115) Rep. John Ager: @RepJohnAger; (House District 114) Rep. Susan Fisher: @SusanFisher114